Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cretan Aggro (Read 18535 times)
Sara Ellen
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Leo
Re: Cretan Aggro
Reply #32 - 04. Sep 2011 at 19:51
Post Tools
This is my first posting on this forum! and for the benefit of the Investigator's posting dated 11th Nov 2009, who clearly thinks it was me who posts under 'Bootsale', I have never said that our houses were badly constructed! But then Cretenagora did not build them, yes they sourced a builder Stephanos from Spilli, who we had no problems with, and in fact built our houses to a high standard. That introduction is all the credit I would ever give to Cretanagora and they only did that so they could entice more people to buy from them, everything else posted by them, as to what good advice they gave to us and that is why we managed to complete on our houses, is complete fantasy! We completed by not taking their advice!

IP Logged

Flights from so many UK airports Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
Topdriller
Practically Cretan

A Brit with a Cretan Heart

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #31 - 13. Nov 2009 at 15:17
Post Tools
I did not use a developer to build our house here on Crete.  I checked the local developers out and came to the conclusion that to ensure you had a good house build you really had to oversee the build yourself or, as in our case, hire a local project manager to look after our interests.

As previously mentioned some time ago, we found a good architect - after interviewing six or seven in the Chania area.  We asked them all for quotes and noted that most of the prices were fairly similar.  Because of this we could chose on design rather than price.

We already had the plot and a good lawyer so the next thing was to hire an excavator to prepare the land - we built on a hill and therefore had a lot of stone removal before we could lay the foundations.

We then interviewed concrete framers and chose one we felt would do the best job.  This time the prices did differ and we chose the guy who seemed the most professional - reasoning that the frame was probably the most important part of the build i.e. once up you can't change it.

We made a poor choice re the plasterer / brickie but only insomuch he was hard to pin down once the work had started.  He added 6 weeks onto the build time but since we weren't in a rush to move in this didn't hurt our plans too much.

We interviewed plumbers and electricians in the same manner and again chose the guys we thought would do the best job i.e. the last thing I wanted was to pull up tiles etc. at a later date once the house was finished. 

We bought all our tiles and bathroom furniture (toilets, baths, showers etc) at the same outlet in an attempt to get the best price.  Again we checked out six or seven different outlets to find the best range, best prices, quality of product etc.

When we chose the painter we went and looked at other buildings he was painting at the time to see the workmanship.

We did the same thing with the windows, doors, marble etc and although it meant our holidays consisted of traipsing around Chania and its environs looking at builder's yards we knew we were moving here full time so the effort seemed worth it.

The secret to the build success was the local project manager we hired.  He was on our side i.e. we paid him a monthly retainer with a bonus at the end if the project came in on time and on budget.  We got a list of build prices from the architect so we roughly knew what the locals were paying for materials, labour costs etc.

The reason I didn't use a developer - even though there were two or three really good ones in the Chania area - was their profit i.e. I calculated that a decent developer would be looking for a 30+% mark up (profit) to do the same thing we were doing.

Having said that, we probably didn't build a cheaper house but we certainly built a good house and more to the point we know the quality of every part of the build, know where all the pipes, cables run etc.  What's more, we built up relationships with all our contractors and can call them back when something breaks, needs servicing etc.

It's perhaps not for everyone but having read some of the threads on this site it certainly cuts out the problems some have had with dodgy developers.

Jon

We need men who can dream of things that never were - JFK

IP Logged

eranim

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #30 - 13. Nov 2009 at 14:40
Post Tools
I agree with you Jon prices have risen here on Crete and although Exandas website needs updating in that respect it in no way reflects on their integerity.  We have still got a very nice house built by them and their associates. 

I stand by what I have already said - I would recommend them to anyone.

IP Logged

Flights from so many UK airports Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
Topdriller
Practically Cretan

A Brit with a Cretan Heart

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #29 - 13. Nov 2009 at 14:08
Post Tools
I have no idea what this thread is about - even though I've been reading it from the start - but decided to take a look at the website mentioned in the last post.

http://www.exadas-crete.com/

One thing that did strike me was the claim that:

"The properties in Crete are cheaper, and additionally the cost of living in Crete is 30-40% lower than in most northern European countries."

This claim may have been true when written but it is certainly not true today. I've just been into town to buy some common household odds and ends and noted - having bought the same items from the same shop at the beginning of the summer - that they've gone up by a staggering 25% in 5 months.

So much for the economists fear of deflation...!!! It certainly doesn't seem to be something that's causing a problem here on Crete.

Jon
« Last Edit: 13. Nov 2009 at 14:09 by Topdriller »  

We need men who can dream of things that never were - JFK

IP Logged

eranim

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #28 - 13. Nov 2009 at 12:13
Post Tools
We have a house in Exandis (the village) built through the Agent Exandas (them of the Taverna) and have absolutly no complaints.

Our house is as we designed it, was completed within a few weeks of the agreed date. We had no extra costs to pay out, the price was the one agreed at the onset.

This is our second house here - the first was not so good. It had many problems but not as many as other people seem to have experienced from various different builders on this island.

We think ourselves very lucky to have found Manolis Psoma of Exandas Real Estate/Taverna and all his building contacts. They made it so easy for us by being up front and honest about everything to do with the buying of our land and the building of our house. We have always had our own Lawyer and only signed contracts that we, and she have been happy with.

We have not heard of one complaint against Exandas and we would recomend them to everyone.

You can see our house on Exandas web site with pictures of the house as it was being built and the party when we moved in. If anyone would like to come and look at our house after 18 months of us living here you are more than welcome. We will let Manolis know and he can show you round.

And by the way Boot Sale does not live in Exandis or have a house here - just for the record.

IP Logged

boot sale
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Do you love me, now that
I can dance, dance, dance

Zodiac sign: Taurus
Reply #27 - 13. Nov 2009 at 11:20
Post Tools
Reply #22-11.11.2009 at 18:11 a question to:- Boot Sale.. From The Investigator
Why am I against your mentioned company, on this site there are seven treads, total 11,525 views approx, 73 replies approx and Iam sure each thread gives the reader a clue something is not right.
So maybe you had better brush up on your investigatory skills, "hmm" don't you think!.
Now on to EXANDAS (your spelling not mine) am I in favour of instead of the one you mentioned, well of course Iam they are new kids on the block and they do it by the book.
Mind you they also cook meals to die for in their taverna,
also I know two couples that had houses built by EXANDIS (my spelling not yours) to this day they are pleased "hmm" just wondering if I can get free meals for life now at their taverna.
Please enlighten me how many houses I have up for sale,
I lost count also please post a photo of my houses up for sale "this so pathetic its sad" and location would be helpful.
Do you not read posts, are you not able to work on your own initiative could be you know your using to many user names and its confusing for you all!.
So I have a web sight do I?, do tell me the name of the web sight.
Plus you say I have accused your mentioned company of "building poorly constructed houses" if Mr Investigator you got off your backside and did more leg work that I have never said that of any company, but I know couple who have said that!!.
Maybe if yourself, The enforcer, Mickeymoo, 999 and RIC.
Were not so vindictive, you could sometimes get it right.

E Pluribus unum Caveat emptor, Praemonitus Praemunitus.

IP Logged

The Aggrovator
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 12. Nov 2009 at 12:23
Post Tools
No I am Nikos and I claim my 100,000 euro reward! (Plus my 10 per cent!)

IP Logged

The Invigilator
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 12. Nov 2009 at 12:12
Post Tools
NO I am Nikos!!!!!!

IP Logged

Spilisprite

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #24 - 11. Nov 2009 at 21:25
Post Tools
To The Investigator
Not another pseudonym Nikos!! In your 'Cretanagora Statement' wasn't it you who was calling all your unhappy customers for hiding behind pseudonyms? You also said in that statement that you had no intention of becoming involved any further. This was taken with a pinch of salt as with everything else you promised.
« Last Edit: 11. Nov 2009 at 22:58 by Spilisprite »  

IP Logged

Investigator
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Virgo
Reply #23 - 11. Nov 2009 at 20:14
Post Tools
why are you against Cretanagora and in favour of Exandas?   Is it perhaps because Exandas have your houses for sale on their website, presented there as 'fine houses in a beautiful position'  while you accuse (please remember at this point we are talking about the same houses) Cretanagora of 'building poorly constructed houses'.

I think we all would be really interested in your comments.

No doubt I will have a few more questions for other individuals over the next few weeks!

You are not obliged to say anything but........................
.....'watch this space'

The Investigator

IP Logged

Investigator
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Virgo
Reply #22 - 11. Nov 2009 at 18:57
Post Tools
a question to:-  Boot Sale

why are you so against Cretanagora and in favour of Exandas? Is it perhaps because Exandas have your houses for sale on your website, presented there as 'fine houses in a beautiful position' while you accuse (remember please at this point we are talking about the same houses) Cretanagoraof 'building poorly constructed houses.

I think we all would be really interested in your comments.

No doubt I will have a few more questions for other individuals over the next few weeks!!....you are not obliged to say anything but...............................................
........."Keep watching this space"

The Investigator

IP Logged

boot sale

Do you love me, now that

Reply #21 - 04. Nov 2009 at 14:52
Post Tools
Wiser! its a great pity that you split the treads?, that's all.
May be Admin would give Wiser 2 a gentle shove over, to your first thread.
          boot sale    Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

boot sale

Do you love me, now that

Reply #20 - 26. Oct 2009 at 07:47
Post Tools
Have another address than can be tried and is well used by common folk, they go by the letter of the Greek law.
In this case number 3094/03, that I know of.
If you read this article's par 1, article 1,: par 1, article 3,: and par, article 3. with help you should know if the Greek Ombudsman will help in a dispute.
If you have problems with your civil engineer which cannot be investigated by the ombudsman, that turns out to be criminal or private, you can always report the civil engineer to the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE) has jurisdiction to control its members by its Disciplinary Council.
Should you need further information on the relevant procedure, you have to contact the TEE regional office of Crete.
The Greek Ombudsman.
5 Hadjiynni Mexi Street.
115 28
Athens.
Tel (+30 1) 728 96767-9

IP Logged

boot sale

Do you love me, now that

Reply #19 - 22. Oct 2009 at 00:13
Post Tools
The address of Consumers Institute (INKA)
7, Akadimias street.
Athens, 106 71.
Telephone 210 363 2443.
These people can be very helpful, if you have problem they will start court proceeding's on your behalf, if an injustice has been done. You may need to be a resident in Greece "I think", they are all volunteers not all can speak English.

IP Logged

The Enforcer
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Libra
Reply #18 - 19. Oct 2009 at 11:34
Post Tools
Erinam: I don't want to get into a battle with you 'The Enforcer' but are you not doing yourself what you have accused others of doing?

The Enforcer: No, I don't post under a variety of different names. Enough said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign