Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Special Property Tax (Read 65993 times)
latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Re: Special Property Tax
Reply #179 - 16. Aug 2014 at 15:13
Post Tools
"The ministry is keen to allow homeowners to repay the tax, which has fueled public anger and vehement criticism by the political opposition, in six to eight installmentsThe first instalment of the tax, which had been due for payment at the end of July, has already been postponed until the end of September."
quote from this web page
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_13/08/2014_542130
« Last Edit: 16. Aug 2014 at 15:17 by latsida »  

IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Reply #178 - 16. Aug 2014 at 12:10
Post Tools
It seems the deadline for the August installment is now September 18 - a further two week +/- grace period from the original date.

For the most part, the calculation errors applied to other areas, not Crete.

Gerald

Treat fairly, those who treat you fairly. To shout is a sign of weakness. Confucious may have said: "Don't be easily hurt or offended. Take a deep breath, count to 10. Log off and make a cup of tea.
IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #177 - 05. Aug 2014 at 11:29
Post Tools
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite2_1_04/08/2014_541934

(Admin adds:
Here is the reason why one should link through to this report. The first para of which reads:
"The Finance Ministry’s online posting of dues for the new Single Property Ownership Tax (ENFIA) on Monday gave the jitters to hundreds of thousands of taxpayers, as tax notifications were evidently based on a plethora of omissions and faulty data.")
« Last Edit: 06. Aug 2014 at 08:34 by admin »  

IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Re: 2014 Special Property Tax Collection
Reply #176 - 05. Aug 2014 at 10:02
Post Tools
An update on what Kefalas  has written for the property tax collection in 2014.

It seems our ENFIA payments are spread out over 5 equal installments.

These are August, September, October, November and December 2014. Nicely rounding up full settlement in payments in the government's current financial year.

If the property concerned is owned by two people, even a married couple then each pay 50% and are charged separately i.e. double the paperwork.
I would think the same applies if a property is owned by more people, each is sent their proportional payment demand.

Hope this tallies with what other people are receiving from the government via their accountants.

That 15% less to be paid in 2014 compared to 2013 seems about right - at least in the lower property valuation bands on Crete.

Gerald

Treat fairly, those who treat you fairly. To shout is a sign of weakness. Confucious may have said: "Don't be easily hurt or offended. Take a deep breath, count to 10. Log off and make a cup of tea.
IP Logged

Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #175 - 19. Jul 2014 at 11:01
Post Tools
Received today:-

Chania 18/7/2014

Dear Clients,

We would like to inform you that, due to technical problems, the tax authority has not calculated the property tax of 2014 (ENFIA) yet. When we receive the property tax bill we will send you an email notice about the final timetable, the method of payment and the amount of property tax.

The most likely scenario is that the property tax bills will be issued at the end of July.

The full amount of ENFIA can be paid by the end of August with a discount of 1.5%.

Alternatively the ENFIA can be paid in six equal monthly instalments starting at the end of August 2014.

We would like to remind you, that the property tax of year 2014 will no longer be included in the electricity bill. The property tax bill (ENFIA) will be sent to us at the end of July.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Kind regards

ATSALAKIS & PARTNERS

Accounting, tax advice and business consulting 6, Tzanakaki str., 1st floor, office Nr. 8, GR-  73134, CHANIA, CRETE, GREECE, tel.:0030-28210-28469, mobile 0030-6944768871

IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Reply #174 - 12. Jun 2014 at 14:18
Post Tools
Well all the earlier posts in this thread are up to last summer. I pointed out then that the Greek neighbours were saying that it would probably take until this year for the new payment process to be finalized. Well here we are mid year and I have not heard anything and neighbours not mentioning how we are going to get billed and what is the payment process involved.

Can anyone update me with what is to happen?

Appreciated.

Gerald

« Last Edit: 12. Jun 2014 at 14:19 by admin »  

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #173 - 15. Aug 2013 at 12:59
Post Tools
my post was for general info with reference to the 15% reduction and not aimed at your specific problem, quite a few people on this and other forums seem to have had their timh zone changed Wink

IP Logged

footscapes

Not just another BritInCrete!

Reply #172 - 15. Aug 2013 at 10:00
Post Tools
You've missed my point. There are certain properties, ours among them, that have never had a TIMH ZONE shown on the electricity bill. I'm not sure why, but suspect it might be properties built (relatively) recently and outside of village limits.

Copies of our current bill, sensitive bits obliterated:
Page1
Page2

Look at any and all sections, including the Dimos section - there is no TIMH ZONE nor any TAP calculation. This has been the case for all bills we've had over the last 8 years - no T.Z. ever shown.

Last year, the emergency property tax was based on Eur 3 per m2 for our property. This year, it is Eur 4. The change doesn't seem to be linked to any change in T.Z. because there has never, ever (old bill format/new bill format) been a T.Z. shown on our electricity bills.

Paul

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Re: Special Tax
Reply #171 - 14. Aug 2013 at 19:01
Post Tools
LJF wrote on 16. Sep 2011 at 18:49:
According to today's 'Athens News' your price zone can be found on your ΔΕΗ bill. Scrutinising mine, on the second page within the left-hand box there is an equation for ΤΑΠ; the second figure for this is headed as ΤΙΜΗ ΖΩΝΗΣ - I think this is to what they are referring - in my case - 450, which makes my price 3 per sq. m. Hope this might help. Sad

this reply was earlier in this thread, although the format of the DEH  bills has changed your TIMH ZONE rating is still there.
above the payment stub there is a breakdown of the bill.
the TAP calculation is in the DEMOS section , in my case 132 x 500 which puts me in the x 3 bracket

IP Logged

paul g
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #170 - 14. Aug 2013 at 18:33
Post Tools
You are right, the latest bill now has a TZ figure, it is 650 and it's put me in the 4 band.

IP Logged

footscapes

Reply #169 - 14. Aug 2013 at 16:43
Post Tools
The T.Z. is a number in the hundreds (of Euros per m2) that is used to calculate several property taxes and not just the emergency property tax. Some electricity bills show it, some don't. For most areas in Crete, the main T.Z. break point for the property tax is above or below 500. Below (or equal to 500), the tax was Eur 3 per m2, 500 to 1000 was Eur 4 per m2. Our bill has never shown a T.Z. in the 8 years we've been here, and when the property tax first came in, if you didn't have a T.Z. logged with DEH, you defaulted to Eur 3 per m2. That's what we paid from the inception of the tax until now. For the current year our emergency property tax is now at Eur 4 per m2 base.

If you look at the example on this site and click on the electricity bill, the T.Z. in the example is 1900 (shown in the ΤΑΠ calculation) which gives an emergency property tax rate of Eur 6 per m2.

The paragraph just before the specimen bill makes reference to the default Eur 3 per m2 for properties without a T.Z. Either we have now had a T.Z. > 500 established and passed to DEH, or the default emergency property tax rate for properties with no T.Z. has increased. I don't know which.

Paul
« Last Edit: 14. Aug 2013 at 18:24 by footscapes »  

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #168 - 14. Aug 2013 at 15:25
Post Tools
the zone rate is shown
      sq. meters                      Zone price( Latsida)
eg 132       x       1          x   3,00    =396 euros

less 15%

IP Logged

footscapes

Reply #167 - 14. Aug 2013 at 12:57
Post Tools
paul g wrote on 14. Aug 2013 at 12:33:
I have discovered why my tax has increased, on the bill the zone figure has risen from 3 to 4 and then a 15% discount was applied, so an overall increase.

I am in the Kato Gouves area, has this happened to anyone else I wonder?

Exactly what has happened to us too. Another poster on another forum has suggested that it is to do with the Τιμή Ζώνης (a tax valuation band), sometimes shown on your electricity bill. If you didn't have a T.Z., the default emergency property tax rate was Eur 3 per m2. The poster on the other forum suggested that if you now have a T.Z., the base rate may increase to Eur 4 per m2. We didn't have a T.Z. shown previously, and still don't, but our base tax rate has gone up to Eur 4 this year. I suspect, whatever the reason, we are stuck with it for this year.

Paul

IP Logged

paul g
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #166 - 14. Aug 2013 at 12:33
Post Tools
I have discovered why my tax has increased, on the bill the zone figure has risen from 3� to 4� and then a 15% discount was applied, so an overall increase.

I am in the Kato Gouves area, has this happened to anyone else I wonder?
« Last Edit: 16. Aug 2014 at 11:58 by admin »  

IP Logged

altohb
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #165 - 13. Aug 2013 at 17:23
Post Tools
Same here. Good news for once.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign