Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Price of electricity (Read 4792 times)
YoMo2
Practically Cretan

Re: Price of electricity
Reply #19 - 02. Aug 2012 at 11:02
Print Post  
Unbelievable!!

U-turns everywhere.  The only constant is that we end up paying more.  I think I'm right in saying the RES has already trebled in the last 6 months or so.  And now they want to increase it again.

Andrew

IP Logged

footscapes

Not just another BritInCrete!

Reply #18 - 02. Aug 2012 at 10:11
Print Post  
According to Ekathimerini this morning, despite the recent massive increase in solar & wind installations in Greece, the renewables sector is nearly bankrupt.

New measures to be announced, including a tax on domestic panels and a "small" increase in the RES levy on electricity bills.

"Inept" is simply not a long enough word.

Paul

IP Logged

YoMo2
Practically Cretan

Reply #17 - 01. Jun 2012 at 17:22
Print Post  
What a bloody shambles!  Curious to see how the regulator can change much.........

Andrew

IP Logged

footscapes

Reply #16 - 01. Jun 2012 at 17:14
Print Post  
Perhaps we'll find out next week if the RAE levy gives value for money.

Reuters Story

Paul

IP Logged

YoMo2
Practically Cretan

Reply #15 - 27. May 2012 at 09:12
Print Post  
Has anyone made any sense of the scale of charges on the "Public Benefit" charge?  I cannot get it to reconcile with what they charged me however I calculate it using the scale I posted earlier.

And has anyone heard anything, from a lawyer perhaps, about the repeal of the law and subsequent court cases etc?

Andrew

IP Logged

SPUD
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #14 - 26. May 2012 at 09:39
Print Post  
I too have a large "extra tax"on my Estimated electrcity bill.  Not only was this tax high but the consumption was estimated to be 3 times higher than it actually was.  I took myself to DEH in Chania for a day to sort out and after visting several different desks and counters I finally found somebody who could redo my bill with the current reading!!
I asked her about the extra tax - she said in her Grek/English "Everybody pay tax from January 2011", which was all I could get from her.  Its funny but I have looked at all me Electricity bills and one it hasnt been inbluded before the others were a lot lower!!    Angry

IP Logged

YoMo2
Practically Cretan

Reply #13 - 25. May 2012 at 19:58
Print Post  
Thanks Chris, but that is the one I mentioned before. The actual price-lists do not seem to work.

I've got the original 2012 one that I downloaded a couple of months ago and that is what I am quoting from.  It gives the same scales as the example we both found so I guess that's it.

Andrew
« Last Edit: 25. May 2012 at 19:59 by YoMo2 »  

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #12 - 25. May 2012 at 18:54
Print Post  
here is the list for Gamma one the others are also on the site
http://www.dei.gr/Default.aspx?id=31157&nt=18&lang=1

IP Logged

YoMo2
Practically Cretan

Reply #11 - 25. May 2012 at 18:42
Print Post  
Footscapes, I cannot get to the price list on DEH site. Gives a message "Cannot Open" on the PDF.

But they give an example of a bill calculation which gives the following scales. It's for single phase, so we still need to find a working link to the DEH price-lists. However, someone may be able to cross check these prices against their bill.

Certainly very harsh on high consumers.

0-1600 kWh 0.00699 euro per kWh
1601-2000 0.01570
2001-3000 0.03987
>3000 0.04488

Andrew

PS  It applies to 3 phase too.
« Last Edit: 25. May 2012 at 19:55 by YoMo2 »  

IP Logged

footscapes

Reply #10 - 25. May 2012 at 18:28
Print Post  
YoMo2 wrote on 25. May 2012 at 18:19:
.... And does anyone know where this money goes?

It goes to these guys http://www.rae.gr/old/en/ who describe themselves as an "independent administrative authority" but I note that their website carries the Hellenic Republic shield logo.

Paul

IP Logged

YoMo2
Practically Cretan

Reply #9 - 25. May 2012 at 18:19
Print Post  
This one gets better!!!  Apparently 2773/99 art.29 was repealed in August last year. 

Check this  http://www.zougla.gr/blog/article/497184

There is a massive outcry on various Greek blog spots about DEH continuing to charge it.  More to the point, a court in Kalamata ruled in March that DEH cannot disconnect customers who refuse to pay that bit of the bill.  (I think this is a temporary ruling until a full examination has taken place)  Also the local MP actually asked a question in Parliament asking the Minister how and when he plans to kick DEH into touch on this.

Obviously one is wary of deciding on any action based on the more rabid bloggers' views, but there does seem to be quite a bit of substance to the claim that DEH is charging this illegally.

I wonder if it is significant that on my latest bill, that item no longer quotes the relevant Greek law number.......

I am seriously considering witholding that item, and also deducting all the identical charges since August last year.  Comes to 284 euros!

I knew Greece was a fairyland, but this is just bonkers.  Apparently even lawyers are confused.  DEH claim that until they ratify the cancellation of the law by changing their systems, they are entitled to keep charging it.  I wonder how long they will take to change their systems?  And does anyone know where this money goes?

I will return to the question of the Renewables Tax......

Andrew

IP Logged

footscapes

Reply #8 - 25. May 2012 at 18:17
Print Post  
The charges are shown on the DEH website (Greek bit only) HERE. (This is standard Γ1 tariff, no night meter).

The "article 29" rates are in the second table, final column and they ramp up very quickly.

I can almost reconcile my charges for 1053 kWh and 4744 kWh (or live with the difference), but the charge at 1800 kWh looks way overstated.

Paul

IP Logged

footscapes

Reply #7 - 25. May 2012 at 15:15
Print Post  
Copy of salient bits of our last (DEH read) bill here http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/footscapes/DEH.jpg with article 29. 2773/99 charge ringed.

I've tracked down a copy of law 2773/99 at http://www.rae.gr/old/SUB2/2_3.htm -- top item linked. Unfortunately, it's scanned so not readily translated with a copy & paste into Google.

Both articles 29 and 40 (the ones giving rise to charges on DEH bills) are descriptive rather than formulaic, so I assume that the basis for charging is of DEH's making rather than contained within the law itself. (Or the formulas may be contained in a separate decree).

Paul

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #6 - 25. May 2012 at 14:05
Print Post  
" it's the item above (υπηρεσιεσ κοινης ωφελειας/"services of general interest")"

on my bill I paid just 26.08 for this item.
that was a read bill not an estimated bill

IP Logged

Tedblue

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #5 - 25. May 2012 at 13:57
Print Post  
Not too long ago I noticed that one of my electricity bills seemed to be 60-70 euros more than it usually was. I queried this is the ΔΕΗ, the lady in the office assured me that it was correct.

The item that footscapes mentions was to blame for the increase. there is a scale of payment which is barely noticable below 1600 kwh, however, if you go past the 1600  the price shoots up.

If you look at Footscapes list  i.e
       1053kwh = 11.97 euro

1800kwh = 80.78 euro          you can see quite a difference

Now I must say that I don't mind ( too much ) paying for the actual electric that I've used, but, it definately makes me mad having to pay extra tax on top of it.      Angry  Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top   

QR Code britsincretecouk | APN Portal Greece|Uw Eigen Zoek Box | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | RSSMicro FeedRank� Results | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed by SVS WebDesign