Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Does it pay back to install solar panels ? (Read 4212 times)
Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Re: Does it pay back to install solar panels ?
Reply #6 - 06. Dec 2014 at 10:18
Post Tools
Ian, I've sent you a P.M.

IP Logged

Flights from so many UK airports
Ian

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Virgo
Reply #5 - 06. Dec 2014 at 08:07
Post Tools
Thanks Kefalas,for the tips etc, Its-It's, oversight, usually spot these things as I'm(I am) a keen apostrophe spotter!

I would be interested to learn of progress made on your friends' Tesla design generator.

ian

IP Logged

Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #4 - 05. Dec 2014 at 10:36
Post Tools
Interesting that you mention Bedini in your "blog". I've been following his work. Some friends here are working on a Tesla design generator.

I watched that you-tube video last week, as it happens.

You can make your links clickable by highlighting and clicking the globe icon.

(BTW, Ian, in your "blog" you are typing it's (it is) instead of its.)
« Last Edit: 05. Dec 2014 at 10:38 by Kefalas »  

IP Logged

Ian

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Virgo
Reply #3 - 04. Dec 2014 at 22:36
Post Tools
Reference naxosbe's interest in solar panels, if you want further info on 'green energy' you may be interested in my blog which I've introduced recently:
http://solar-panels-crete.blogspot.com

You will see many items referring to free energy'-it is no longer a myth. Also you must see' here comes the sun', it is an eye opener of a video documentary-this is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLHBFyfvK8A
Enjoy!

IP Logged

naxosbe
A True BIC'er

Not just another BritInCrete!

Reply #2 - 11. Apr 2013 at 06:36
Post Tools
Thanks,
actually I will live in the house the whole year. And I can get the installation from a neighbor, for a very reasonable price.

IP Logged

Topdriller
Practically Cretan

A Brit with a Cretan Heart

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #1 - 09. Apr 2013 at 10:50
Post Tools
The question you have to answer is will the cost of solar panel and battery installation be repaid over the time you live in the house?

To generate 10kw of energy you will need something like 40 panels on your house. By using batteries you can reduce the number of panels but you will have the cost of expensive batteries which have a finite life i.e. they will have to be replaced from time to time.

The best way to reduce your costs is to procure a licence to place panels on your roof and then sell the electricity generated back to the Grid. Unfortunately, the subsidy to do this has dropped from 0.55 per unit last year to something like 0.25 per unit this year.

It's a difficult decision although the cost of panels has been dropping over the last few years so the set up costs today might make solar panels a viable option but - and its a big but - will you break even in the time frame you intend to live in the house?

Jon

We need men who can dream of things that never were - JFK

IP Logged

naxosbe
A True BIC'er

Not just another BritInCrete!

Does it pay back to install solar panels ?
08. Apr 2013 at 19:39
Post Tools
Hi all, I have something to ask here. First let me tell you I am not living on Crete, but on Naxos. Although I have been to Crete many times already. I know, you can not compare both Islands, and I will not start the discussion here who lives in the best place.. Cheesy
I have a house facing the sun whole day almost, and I was wondering if installing solar panels would make it possible to live without any power from the city the whole day, at least in summer ? I saw many solar panels installed on the main land, but on Naxos island it is not that popular yet. Does anybody here has experience with this already ? If so, how much Watt are you producing ? And did you got them at Crete or were they shipped ? I would bring them from my home county, and install them myself. I would also use battery's, not pumping electricity back in the network. So any tips, answers or whatever are welcome here ! Yassas !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign