Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Advice on EOT licence please (Read 2497 times)
benj
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Re: Advice on EOT licence please
Reply #2 - 22. Jul 2013 at 00:58
Post Tools
Many thanks for your reply, Stalos. It sounds like a big no-no then to me! I shall only look for properties with a licence, or at least the possibility to licence. I have no doubt I'll have loads more questions soon, I am visiting Crete this week.
Thanks again,

Ben

IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
stalos
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Re: Advice on EOT licence please
Reply #1 - 19. Jul 2013 at 22:02
Post Tools
It was a lot easier to just let out without an E.O.T. in the past. But from this year all let propertys have to (or should ) put there E.O.T number on all adverts, so this will in the future make it easier to trace none E.O.T. propertys.
A lot have done it in the past but would not recommend for the future.
Cant see it changing much for the future if anything will get tighter. I know of one owner who had three apartments that was caught without a licence, accessed for tax as if ALL had been fully let for three years and then a 10000 Euro fine on top ended selling up just to pay the costs and left Crete.
You are correct that you can let as long as its three months or longer no problem. Estate agents will always tell you its not a problem. my advice DONT.
If i can be of more help please ask.

IP Logged

benj
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Advice on EOT licence please
19. Jul 2013 at 15:08
Post Tools
Hi all, new member here, I am living in the UK but considering buying a cheap property in Crete to live in for a year or so and then rent out for some or all of the year.

This wouldn't only be my first house abroad, it'd be my first house full stop! So I do not intend to rush into anything and really I'm just trying to get my head around all the in's and out's of it all.

The problem on some properties I'm interested in is that they don't come with an EOT licence, and I am told some will never be able to have one as they are part of a complex of other houses without them. The estate agent advised me that many people just rent them out anyway during the summer, bending the rules by saying they are friends/family? I wondered if this really is the case and is accepted even though not strictly legal, or whether it is not worth the risk and strictly monitored. I certainly have no intentions of causing problems over there but it would be nice to think I could rent out my own house if I wanted to for a few months in the year. I know you can rent for 3 or more months at a time legally, but obviously the holiday market would be more attractive to me.
Whats the general feeling about all this over there? Are there any signs the whole status might change one day and be more relaxed with regards to rentals? Or is this likely to never change in the future?
Any thoughts on this matter are really appreciated and I hope I don't come across on the wrong foot asking a question like this. I love Crete and fully intend to integrate and contribute to society there.

Best regards

Ben
« Last Edit: 19. Jul 2013 at 15:44 by benj »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign