Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cost of living on Crete 2014 (Read 7867 times)
latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Re: Cost of living on Crete 2014
Reply #10 - 02. Sep 2016 at 15:54
Post Tools
here is the link for the cost of living started by Brian c.
there is also a previous link above this one in the headings also started by Brian C which ran to over 70 pages

IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #9 - 23. Mar 2014 at 16:39
Post Tools
If you have a tax number then you need an accountant to submit your annual tax return - otherwise you'll get a €50 fine each year.

IP Logged

cretenewboy
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Pisces
Reply #8 - 23. Mar 2014 at 09:44
Post Tools
ACCOUNTANT ................. €100 ... if you live here permanently you need an accountant

I am moving away slightly from this excellent piece of info to query the above.
Are you saying that you do not need an accountant if you  only have a holiday home and visit as and when?
« Last Edit: 21. Jul 2014 at 10:39 by admin »  

IP Logged

Kefalas

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #7 - 22. Mar 2014 at 20:48
Post Tools
Word (in my experience) has always been problematic if I copy-paste to some other application. Better to use a plain text editor such as Notepad.

IP Logged

brian c

dont sweat the small things

Zodiac sign: Gemini
Reply #6 - 21. Mar 2014 at 01:24
Post Tools
Your right Kefalas, I have kept the records and copy and pasted from Word for over 5 years and the original a month ago was posted in the same manner and displayed fine ??   but hey ho if I post in here I just need to make sure I find another source to copy from. Smiley
Didn't realise the forum had changed and Word was no longer acceptable.
« Last Edit: 21. Mar 2014 at 01:26 by brian c »  

IP Logged

Kefalas

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #5 - 20. Mar 2014 at 14:48
Post Tools
I'd guess that you copy-pasted from "Word" or similar and included a bunch of pad characters that are not recognised by the new forum. You could edit them out at the same time as you correct that spelling mistake. Smiley

IP Logged

brian c

Reply #4 - 20. Mar 2014 at 01:44
Post Tools
Thanks to all contributers. There were not as many contributers as usual this year (over 3 sites) so it would seem that the figures are now just about right.
Once again many thanks to all that contributed and anything further that comes in I will make amendments for next year.

p.s. whats with all the question mark thingys on the original post ??
« Last Edit: 20. Mar 2014 at 01:46 by brian c »  

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #3 - 13. Feb 2014 at 11:53
Post Tools
just received the latest DEH bill and they have now resumed the TV licence charge.
on my bill the payment is 3.35 euros  Wink

IP Logged

moggy1923
Practically Cretan

BiC Want another holiday

Reply #2 - 05. Feb 2014 at 14:03
Post Tools
Brian

Thanks for your response to my pm.   What I like is the realistic figures you give, & people can play around with them depending on their situation, renting/buying pool , trips abroad, grow your own, etc.

all the best
moggy

IP Logged

latsida
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #1 - 03. Feb 2014 at 11:53
Post Tools
number 7, the smallest amount on your list, is no longer collected since the government abruptly closed down ERT last year.

IP Logged

brian c

Cost of living on Crete 2014
02. Feb 2014 at 23:57
Post Tools
Could this be the cost of living for 2014.

Ok here we go again, happy as can be, we're all good friends and jolly good companeee .. Goodness knows what the cost of living is anywhere these days as prices, taxes, expenses etc seem to change from one week to the next and rarely for the better (and I have been effected as much as anyone else, hence why I am not on Crete at the moment).

The following are the figures finalised for the middle of 2013 and contributed to by many many people living mainly on Crete.

From my own recollection of the many people that have contacted me over the 5 or 6 years of compiling this list, it would appear that most couples do well on a figure of somewhere between 11,000 and 18,000euros , but if you want all the toys, a car and a pool, a pet, insurance, etc, etc, these things cost an additional amount so you select from the list of the items you will use and make up your own costs. I would also point out that a lot of the folks living on Crete have found the better and more economical ways of using their money .. i.e the right shops, restaurants, local tradesmen, grow their own food etc, hence they make their money go further and have a nice lifestyle more economically than the newcomer to the island would need to get by.

Also over the last 2 years a few people have contacted me and said they do very nicely on 8000 a year and others say the 30,000 is a bit light, it all depends on your own lifestyle, for example, where you live and whether you already own your home, hence no mortgage/rental.

And contributions from the folks living there would as usual be most appreciated and I will update the list as your advice comes in.
Thanks in advance for any practical comments and updates.

Cost of living 2013
PRIORITIES
1. RENT/MORTGAGE... €3,600 to €7,000 VARIES FROM 2 BED FLAT TO 3 BED HOUSE
2. GROCERIES FOR A YEAR. €4,500 to €7,500 depends on your diet, do you grow food etc INC'S TOILETRIES
3. RATES & WATER ... €230 .. ?????
4. PERSONAL CARE €1,400 .. DENTIST/PRESCRIPTIONS/HAIRCUTS ETC
5. ELECTRICITY ...€800 PLUS, DEPENDENT ON USE
6. OIL/WOOD/HEATING/ €800 ..  €400 to 800  3 BED HOUSE WOULD BE NEARER 1000 EURO
7. TV LICENCE. 00 .. no licence collected anymore
8. INTERNET & PHONE ...€400 PHONE AND INTERNET OFTEN COME AS A PACKAGE DEAL
9. CLOTHING. €560 ..  I WISH MY WIFE WOULD READ THIS
10. EMERGENCY /MAINTENANCE. €700 REPLACEMENT WASHING MACHINE/LEAKING ROOF, ETC ETC?
€ 12,990 TOTAL OF ITEMS 1 TO 10 THAT ARE PRIORITIES
EXTRAS - ENTERTAINMENT(i.e.eating out) ....€4,200..  EATING OUT TWICE A WEEK AT 20 EURO A HEAD
CAR COST/REPAYMENTS YEARLY. €1,600 ... DEPENDS ON CAR OF COURSE
One CAR FUEL FOR A YEAR . . € 1,600 ... DEPENDS ON MILAGE
CAR INSURANCE & road tax ..€ 650 to € 1,150 DEPENDENT ON CAR SIZE
INSURANCE LIFE .. €700
INSURANCE BUILDING... €300
INSURANCE CONTENTS.. €170
INSURANCE HEALTH...... €2,500 FOR 2 PEOPLE, ..or do you qualify for nat health/IKA
SKY TELEVISION  .. €700 .. from British address (remember setup costs for dish on Crete)
HOLIDAYS/FLIGHTS TO BRITAIN..... €2,000
PET /FOOD & HEALTH CARE ........€1,000  plus
POOL MAINTENANCE?..................€1,000 .. €100 for the chemicals if you do it yourself
ACCOUNTANT  .................€150 ... if you live here permanently you need an accountant
NEW PROPERTY/POOL DUTY.............. €400  ... if you own a home

GRAND TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING. €29,960
PLUS ONE OF SET UP COSTS OF AT LEAST €3000

« Last Edit: 07. Sep 2016 at 10:30 by Mod2 » 
Reason: Hello Brian C, I have cleaned gobbledygook 4u. G. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign