Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Brit Consulate Heraklion - Contact details changed (Read 1859 times)
chocaholic

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Gemini
Re: #Brit Consulate Heraklion - Contact details changed
Reply #4 - 12. Oct 2015 at 08:17
Post Tools
I have registered to vote by post in the uk.You can apply online and it is quick and easy to do.Even as expats we need a voice as our finances are inextricably linked with the UK and changes in our pension rights etc will impact on us all.

IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Reply #3 - 08. Oct 2015 at 14:50
Post Tools
COMMENT

A recent chat with staff re-assures me that we can just drop in to a British consulate in Greece without an appointment during office hours.

Office hours for the public are 9am to 1pm on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays only.

Of course if there is a true emergency then to go on Tuesday and Thursday as well but best if possible to phone the Heraklion number for our Crete Consulate to alert them you would be coming.

As far as notary services go here is the clincher..... no more notarial services.

Many in Greece have received the latest "Life Certificate" form in the post.

So if you thought the consulate would be a quick and simple solution to get your certificate endorsed to state you are still alive and should continue to get your pension without interruption well THAT SERVICE IS WITHDRAWN, UNAVAILABLE along with virtually every other service for we as citizens should get from our own consulate EXCEPT an emergency such as lost passport replacement.

Everything changes if you are a company doing business between Britain and Greece. Then you get full priority and bingo, doors fly open wide.....

I applaud the fact we should promote Anglo-Greek business but consular services are there first and foremost to serve British citizens. What the hell is going on with thinking in London these days. It seems every British expat is out-of-sight, out-of-mind especially pensioners. So much for past contribution to the growth of our country's growth and prosperity.

This is one of the reasons I have been pushing for the continuous right to vote while abroad beyond 15 years for British citizens. It is a pity many others viewing this forum and the other forum have no interest in protecting their assets and pensions in mainland UK or Northern Ireland and failing to support the initiative started by disgruntled Brits in France after the winter fuel allowance debacle.

I guess we get the government of the day we deserve. If few care why should it?

Rant over.

« Last Edit: 08. Oct 2015 at 14:52 by admin »  

Treat fairly, those who treat you fairly. To shout is a sign of weakness. Confucious may have said: "Don't be easily hurt or offended. Take a deep breath, count to 10. Log off and make a cup of tea.
IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Reply #2 - 22. Jun 2014 at 14:08
Post Tools
Hello Villager

You see the men from the ministry never look at the user factor, just what is convenient to their efficiency model or whatever.You are really re-inforcing my point. We should be able to just pop in and use it  as you put it.

Bottom line is they are probably re-inforcing security or a threat exists.

Have you been to the British Embassy in Athens recently? Understandably it is like getting into a gold vault.

I am afraid the days are passed when we can act as normal human beings going about our daily business to high profile offices because of a few who are intent on disrupting our lives.

In your case I bet a quick phone call beforehand to the Consulate to prepare them for your pending arrival would be enough and a cuppa would be waiting.

Take care

Gerald

Treat fairly, those who treat you fairly. To shout is a sign of weakness. Confucious may have said: "Don't be easily hurt or offended. Take a deep breath, count to 10. Log off and make a cup of tea.
IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
Villager
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Libra
Reply #1 - 22. Jun 2014 at 13:23
Post Tools
Hi Gerald, Do you think this is a case of "Use it or loose it". I could not have managed without Claire and the girls when my husband died. The fact that I could just "pop" in and see them was a comfort.

IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Brit Consulate Heraklion - Contact details changed
22. Jun 2014 at 13:11
Post Tools
We have been informed by the staff at the British Vice Consulate in Candia Tower, Thalita Street in Heraklion that they have changed their contact details. The phone system is centralised on Athens for starters (even when you dial the local 2810 number), then they have changed their email address again and out of office emergencies are handled from UK (what?)

Just for your handy reference, the info is on our main website including map directions how to get to the British Consulate, its address etc with a picture of Candia Tower so you know when you get there.

The location is actually very convenient just up from the port on 25th August street - second small turning on the right (I think). You know you are right there when you find the little Church a few metres further on. Look up as Candia Tower is as its name suggests......

Time changes when British Consulate staff are available and its location map etc here
« Last Edit: 15. Mar 2016 at 11:25 by admin »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign