Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Property Prices (Read 6613 times)
Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Re: Property Prices
Reply #25 - 10. Mar 2016 at 21:12
Post Tools
Wow, excellent result!  Smiley

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #24 - 09. Mar 2016 at 23:50
Post Tools
Yes I have sold not for the asking price though.............they paid me MORE because there were 3 buyers at the same time and they wanted to make sure they got it.  Happy Days!

IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
Kefalas

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #23 - 09. Mar 2016 at 19:31
Post Tools
She's just made a post in the "For Ladies" section so I'll guess "no".

IP Logged

m
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Taurus
Reply #22 - 22. Feb 2016 at 21:14
Post Tools
Well here's a thread I'd like an update on Smiley

Did Fowles sell?

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #21 - 02. Sep 2015 at 23:34
Post Tools
I appreciate you taking the time to send your wishes Silverback.

IP Logged

silverback
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Reply #20 - 02. Sep 2015 at 18:38
Post Tools
I also want to wish you all the best in the future Fowles.
« Last Edit: 09. Mar 2016 at 19:36 by Mod2 » 
Reason: Changed "wont" to "want". 

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #19 - 01. Sep 2015 at 20:28
Post Tools
That's very kind of you to acknowledge my comment Del Boy - times are hard for me at the moment and I have been trying my best to sell up and move on in difficult financial and emotional times.  It will happen one day, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

IP Logged

Del Boy

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #18 - 01. Sep 2015 at 18:23
Post Tools
Sorry to hear of your loss Fowles, I wish you all the best.

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #17 - 01. Sep 2015 at 17:52
Post Tools
Well in my case, it's because my husband died last year and for me "our" dream is over now.  I think most people want to return to their own country to be with family that are absent in these sorts of circumstances, as being near people that love you is your "comfort blanket" so to speak.

Another feeling that makes me want to return, is that I never feel a sense of belonging here and no matter what people say, it is very hard to integrate with the Greek people, this is not just my opinion but that of many of my friends.  I'm not talking about getting on with the local taverna owner, or your Greek neighbour, that's easy enough, it's much more than just that.  These are just two reasons for me but perhaps other people that are returning can add to them.

IP Logged

silverback
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #16 - 01. Sep 2015 at 17:20
Post Tools
Fully understood and agree thank you, can I ask another question?What are the top ten reasons for people to return to their original countries and forfeit their original dreams of living in Crete?   
« Last Edit: 09. Mar 2016 at 19:17 by Mod2 »  

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #15 - 01. Sep 2015 at 15:29
Post Tools
Silverback - I think I answered your original question comprehensively and as good as agreed with you, that because of the difference between the Euro/Sterling rate, this could mean that a house purchase made 10 years ago, may not have lost as much of it's value as at first it may seem, as long as it continues to reduce from the 1.51 rate back then.
You can probably see that I do get annoyed with people that don't actually try to answer your question but instead make assumptions and start telling you what you should and should not do, can and cannot achieve, which is totally irrelevant!

You asked a question and because it is very relevant to me and other people that have their house on the market, I answered it and understood what you were getting at.

I also hold the same view as you regarding the exchange rate, which makes a huge difference to people who bought in 2006.

Have a nice day!

IP Logged

silverback
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #14 - 01. Sep 2015 at 14:39
Post Tools
Hi to all and thank you Fowles, Del Boy, Kefalas, and Admin for your replies much appreciated, my house is not for sale and I hope never will be, I am Cypriot origin so its up to my children and Grand children to sort that one out !!!. Please don't fall out with each other over my post, life is too short and as long as we are all healthy who cares about the Euro verses Sterling, hope the weather stays fine as we arrive next Monday. Luv silverback
« Last Edit: 12. Mar 2016 at 16:36 by Mod2 »  

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #13 - 31. Aug 2015 at 22:44
Post Tools
Please explain why I am on a loser?  You have absolutely no details of my property, so what qualifies you to make such an arrogant statement?  You might have been offered 20,000 Euros less on your property but if that leaves you without a profit, that's your problem - I can assure you that I will be making a profit when I sell.  If you are an old hand at buying and selling property and you're in no hurry to sell, why are you trying to sell when you know you are not going to make a profit?

IP Logged

Del Boy

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #12 - 31. Aug 2015 at 22:28
Post Tools
Keep your hair on I'm not having a pop, telling it as it is, Not bothered if I sell or not at the moment, this house here is only a holiday home, got a place still in the UK so I'm in no rush. No I'm not an estate agent but done a bit of buying & selling property in my time and honestly Fowles you're on a looser here.

IP Logged

Fowles
Practically Cretan

Yet Another BritInCrete!

Reply #11 - 31. Aug 2015 at 16:12
Post Tools
Del Boy - are you an estate agent? A house is worth what a buyer is prepared to pay for it in ANY country, not just "here".

You know nothing about my house, how bit it is what price bracket it falls into, how much I paid to have it built or what it is on the market for now - so how do you know that there is going to be no profit in it for me when I sell it?

I never said that I was "hoping and waiting" for the rate to even out - I was merely comparing what the rate was against the Euro rate 10 years ago and stating that each 1 cent fall against the pound, would make a huge difference on a large sum of money, i.e. sale of a property, if lucky enough to sell.

I have had 6 viewings since mid July with one on Saturday and one today.  One couple have made an appointment for a second viewing, which sounds promising. 

Just because you haven't sold your property, it doesn't mean that nobody has a chance of selling theirs and as I said before there have been several sales in this area over the season - there is money out there and people are buying - albeit the housing market is down generally, with the exception of the Lassithi area where sales are doing well.  I managed an estate agency in the UK and so I like to keep my ear to the ground when it comes to property, even if it is in another country.

I was rude to Gerald because if you read his posting he was rather rude to me.  He has no idea what I have done to try and sell my property and guess what? I'm not going to tell him, it's not his business - but then to say that I just haven't tried "my best" is nothing but an insult.

If nothing else this thread has awakened the dead!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign