Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic work wanted (Read 482 times)
moggy1923
Practically Cretan

BiC Want another holiday

Zodiac sign:
Re: work wanted
Reply #4 - 07. May 2017 at 19:57
Post Tools
Dear Teresatimeout

Strange response from you.  I was one of the two to reply to your original message.  My intention was to be helpful, whereas you prefer to insult the two of us who have bothered to respond to you.  Wonder if you are any reason that your son is finding difficulty finding work.  I am based in UK and see little reason why someone of his age has been out of work for 9 months.

I do wonder what you mean by “your kind”, the responses were purely to a young Brit seeking work on Crete.

What Kefalas said in my opinion was what he/she would have replied to any Brit.  If you son speaks several appropriate languages then that would be a help to him.  In recent years on Crete have noticed that Russian is often a language advertised, along with knowledge of Greek.

There are a number of young foreigners who work on Crete, but they work extremely long hours for low pay, often work in the ‘black’.  The big problem is finding accommodation and somewhere to do their laundry, as a room will often not come with the appropriate laundry facilities.

The stories I have heard from some young Brits who went to work on Crete, they arrived with X amount of £, usually a few thousand, they found some work, but come the end of the season the money they arrived with was often almost spent with them leaving themselves enough to get home or arranging with mum/dad to send them the return airfare.

I do know a number of young Cretans who are having problems finding work.  Some of them do not get paid for months – that is complicated as if they leave then they have little chance of ever getting paid.  One chap I know gets paid now and again some of what is owed to him.  Last time it was 6 months pay, much of it he used to pay back to people he had borrowed from in the meantime.

I see no reason why you should be shoved off this site, purely because of your rudeness and not wishing to tell your whole truth.

All good luck to you son.

teresatimeout wrote on 24. Apr 2017 at 18:27:
Thank you for responses but son has now found employment all be it part time. I havent been on here to see if there where any other responses to my post because of the way the first response was worded. I dont want to get personal but I believe that it could have been put in a kinder way...It gave the impression to me that dont bother dont want your kind over in crete etc etc. I do believe that this site is run by "old giffers" and that perhaps if they were to be in the uk at this particular time their views would be alot different, not to show off about how many buissiness it has BACK in the uk. Not bothered if these comments get me shoved off this site but come on get real and help your fellow man.

IP Logged

teresatimeout
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Reply #3 - 24. Apr 2017 at 18:27
Post Tools
Thank you for responses but son has now found employment all be it part time. I havent been on here to see if there where any other responses to my post because of the way the first response was worded. I dont want to get personal but I believe that it could have been put in a kinder way...It gave the impression to me that dont bother dont want your kind over in crete etc etc. I do believe that this site is run by "old giffers" and that perhaps if they were to be in the uk at this particular time their views would be alot different, not to show off about how many buissiness it has BACK in the uk. Not bothered if these comments get me shoved off this site but come on get real and help your fellow man.

IP Logged

moggy1923
Practically Cretan

BiC Want another holiday

Zodiac sign:
Reply #2 - 17. Apr 2017 at 13:01
Post Tools
Hi Teresa

I agree with Kefalas.

Your profile does not show where you live in UK, I was wondering as may be able to point your son in direction of employment, but does depend where you live/

IP Logged

Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #1 - 27. Mar 2017 at 19:36
Post Tools
There is virtually NO work in Greece. The few people getting jobs as waiters speak at least three languages and work long hours for peanuts.

Frankly, if your son can't find work in the UK then he has zero chance here. Crete is flooded with people with real skills who can't find work.

By all means bring him for a holiday but please don't get his hopes up and make him return home disappointed. If you do come, I would be happy to meet and explain how my brothers and I set up our three independent, successful businesses in the UK. I'm near Vamos.
« Last Edit: 27. Mar 2017 at 19:36 by Kefalas »  

IP Logged

teresatimeout
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Aquarius
work wanted
27. Mar 2017 at 14:27
Post Tools
Hello my name is Teresa. I am enquiring about work for my son Aidan-Lee. I would like to tell you about him. He is currently living at home with us, his parents, and has been looking for work in the UK for the past 9 months without success. He is a 20 year old single man with a lot to give but has had some disappointments in life. Saying that he is a polite, engaging and a very kind young man. His wish would be to travel abroad and find work but he does lack confidence to make the first step. I would like to help him and thought by posting here that there may be someone who would consider employing him. His experience is not vast but his loyalty is immeasurable. He has worked in kitchens as a kitchen porter and also some as a waiter/barman. He also worked in our local supermarket as a checkout assistant. He also done a part time job with a local nightclub/bar as a promotions assistant. He is a kindly lad who has a lot of time for the older generation namely his grandmother. He just needs someone to give him a chance, which isnt happening here in the UK. He is willing to do ANY type of work. He is available to start now (March/April 2017). Our plan, as it stands today, would be to fly out to Crete asap together and bring over CVs and stay for a couple of weeks, looking for work in any part of the island. So if anyone has some reasonably priced accommodation for the two of us please could you email it to me - likewise work opportunities for my son. My email address is teresatimeout{at}aol.com. I'm really hoping  that someone will give my son a chance as the opportunities here in the UK are next to nothing. Unfortunatly Aidan doesn't drive but I do so I could hire a car to get around the island when we come over. He won't expect a great wage just so long as he can live and pay for accomodation, as he understands what the greek economy is like at the moment. I would like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time out to read this post. Yours sincerley Teresa and Aidan-Lee.
« Last Edit: 27. Mar 2017 at 19:26 by Mod2 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign