Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Buying a motorcycle (Read 993 times)
Clogs
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Re: Buying a motorcycle
Reply #7 - 15. Jul 2017 at 18:40
Post Tools
admin Jack,
since when owning a mordern'ish motor vehicle been an asset ??
hahaha.....man, these tax people.....

clogs

IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Reply #6 - 11. Jul 2017 at 23:39
Post Tools
in #Crete ..... Kamisiana .. please, where possible, publish useful information so that others can be informed as well.

Your experiences are valued.

Highly appreciated

Gerald

Treat fairly, those who treat you fairly. To shout is a sign of weakness. Confucious may have said: "Don't be easily hurt or offended. Take a deep breath, count to 10. Log off and make a cup of tea.
IP Logged

Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
Kamisiana
A True BIC'er

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Aries
Reply #5 - 10. Jul 2017 at 14:48
Post Tools
Hi Jack have sent PM re bike

IP Logged

Jack Dodd
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Zodiac sign: Pisces
Reply #4 - 08. Jul 2017 at 10:49
Post Tools
Thanks Martin, that's very helpful. Given that I just come to Crete for holidays rather than live there I was thinking of something second hand. I'm not too bothered about the model, just something with some off road capability and a reasonable amount of power. We are back in October and I'll check out Stavroulakis then.

IP Logged

Kefalas
Been around almost as long as Crete itself

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #3 - 05. Jul 2017 at 23:11
Post Tools
I bought my bike from STAVROULAKIS motorbike shop in Anagnostou Gogoni street, Haniá. Give Stavros a ring and mention my name (Martin). He'll be able to tell you what's required and sort out the paperwork.

Satnav coordinates for shop:-
Lat:  35.503920°
Lon:  24.016416°

The shop has SUZUKI signs and a double pole with electricity transformer mounted between them.

There are other bike dealers in Haniá and you'll probably have to look at all of them to get a specific model. Unfortunately, I know the exact location of only this one.

Note: if you decide to buy new and he has to order the bike, it could take a year (in my experience). If you need to order it from anywhere, get a firm delivery date in writing and don't pay anything until you have it.

Shop around and buy whatever's actually in stock if you need it quickly. The economic situation makes ordering difficult for shops.
« Last Edit: 05. Jul 2017 at 23:13 by Kefalas »  

IP Logged

Jack Dodd
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Reply #2 - 28. Jun 2017 at 19:06
Post Tools
Thanks for that. It would seem the best bet then would be to give it a try with a utility bill in hand and see what happens. As you mention there is a bit of inconsistency in official doings. I'll just smile and look slightly dim. I'm quite good at that.

IP Logged

admin
Bic Administrator

GeraldinCrete

Reply #1 - 28. Jun 2017 at 16:27
Post Tools
Jack

Welcome on board.

Living the other end of the island I am a bit handicapped to give advice on Chania #motorcycle dealers. What I can mention is that you will need to show a provable address in #Crete. If the local vehicle registration office gets difficult you may have to get a residence permit. The way to get around that is to sign a dilosi (affadvit - sworn statement) to say you will become a "resident" at an undefined date in the future.

Then, you likely need to drop into your tax accountant (if you own a home you already have a tax number (AFM) ) to see what they say because you will be buying an asset, like a car. As such it may then need to be included in the current year's tax return to reflect you have bought such an asset. Or it may not... depending... get advice.

As you probably know what has to be done in one place may be handled slightly different in another. But I am sure another member will put us right for #Chania area.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: 28. Jun 2017 at 17:19 by admin »  

crete-motor-cycle-numberplate.jpg ( 6 KB | 12 Downloads )
crete-motor-cycle-numberplate.jpg

Treat fairly, those who treat you fairly. To shout is a sign of weakness. Confucious may have said: "Don't be easily hurt or offended. Take a deep breath, count to 10. Log off and make a cup of tea.
IP Logged

Jack Dodd
BIC 2.0 Newbie

Yet Another BritsinCrete

Buying a motorcycle
28. Jun 2017 at 16:02
Post Tools
Hello all,
             I'm looking to buy a second hand motorcycle, something along the lines of a Honda Transalp. To that end I would be grateful if anybody could recommend a shop in the Chania region. As a UK resident with a holiday home in Crete would I need a residents permit to register and insure a vehicle in Greece?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google :: Brits in Crete Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter :: Brits in Crete Yahoo Pinterest :: BritsinCrete Tumbr :: Britsincrete Instagram :: Britsincrete

Weather forecast for Heraklion Weather forecast for Rethimnon Weather forecast for Agios Nikolaos Weather forecast for Ierapetra Weather forecast for Chania

HOTELS NEAR AIRPORTS: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) - Chania/Souda (CHQ) - Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER) - Sitia Public Airport (JSH).

De werkelijkheid van het leven, het leven van de Emigrant in Kreta Griekenland, zoals die door de ogen van de Britse ingezetenen wordt gezien. | Die Wirklichkeit von leben die Überseelebensdauer in Kreta Griechenland, wie durch die Augen der britischen Bewohner gesehen. | La réalité de la vie, la vie d'outre-mer en Crète Grèce, comme vu par les yeux des résidants britanniques. | Realtà di vivere, la vita espatriata in Creta Grecia, come visto attraverso gli occhi dei residenti britannici. | V tat a k člen určit "Brit do Kreta" "BritsinCrete" tkanivo poloha. | A realidade de viver, a vida expatriate em Creta Grecia, como visto através dos olhos dos residentes britânicos. | La realidad de vivir, la vida expatriada en Creta Grecia, según lo visto a través de los ojos de los residentes británicos. | Живущ в Крете, межсуточная жизнь на греческом острове Креты для эмигрировавших резидентов. | Ζωντανός στην Κρήτη, καθημερινή ζωή στο ελληνικό νησί της Κρήτης για τους εκπατριζόμενους κατοίκους. | クレタに住んでいる、国外居住の常駐員のためのクレタのギリシャの島の日常の生命。| aae:Kret ar: كريت bs:Kreta bg:Крит ca:Creta cat:Creta cs:Kréta cym:Creta da:Kreta de:Kreta et:Kreeta el:Κρήτη es:Creta eo:Kreto eu:Kreta eus:Kreta fr:Crète he: כרתים hrv:Krit ko:크리티 지역 hr:Kreta id:Kreta is:Krít it:Creta la:Creta lb:Kreta lv:Krēta lb:Kreta lt:Kreta hu:Kréta nl:Kreta ja:クレタ島 no:Kreta pl:Kreta pt:Creta ro:Creta ru:Крит sl:Kreta sr:Крит fi:Kreeta sv:Kreta tr:Girit vec:Creta zho: 克里特 Crete. Βριτσιν is another display type!

« Board Index ‹ Board Top  

QR Code britsincretecouk | Google+ | Today's GREEK NAME DAYS and BABY NAMES | Feedage Grade A rated |

Forum installed & Maintained by SVS WebDesign